The links listed below are related to Web site production. This could include design, navigation, content update, etc., that may be helpful to the business owner.
News Feed Readers
- Feedreader — Feed display is simple, clean and free. This reader displays the content from only one story at a time. The keyboard shortcuts are more flexible than most. This program will also import OPML files.
- RSS–Reader — This free reader feed display is simple and clean yet more flexible. With this reader you can view all the stories from a feed or group of feeds in a single, tall, scrolling window. This program will also import OPML files.
- Google Picasa — A free small footprint of a program that helps you organize, touch up, and share photos. It will even help you burn photos to media. Picasa automatically finds photos on your camera or photo CDs and organizes your pics. This photo organizer lets you browse photos and watch slideshows.
- Infranview — Free. Used for basic image editing you can import images, view images, perform basic image editing, create slide shows, and convert files from one format to another. Crop, blur, and sharpen your images. Make modifications in regular mode or, if you have a jeweler's eye for detail, make changes in zoom mode. The program lets you set the compression level when you save files, and it supports all major graphics formats, including .bmp, .gif, .jpg, .png, and .tif. A smaller footprint than Picasa.
- Macromedia Contribute — is a simplified Web page authoring program that enables clients and corporate end users to create and publish Web pages without knowing HTML. This program is inexpensive and easy to use. Macromedia claims that anyone who can use a Web browser and a word processor can use Contribute. It does have a bit of a learning curve but puts content updating in your own hands.
Web Business Organizations